Hello,
I´m currently getting through a routine for some weeks and I´m thinking that I do too many exercises in one workout. Here is my current gymnastic strength training program:
Mon/Wed/Fri shedule
superset 1 / 3-5 sets both
- front lever progression
- back lever progression
superset 2 / 3-5 sets both
- L-sit / straddle L
- planche push up progression
superset 3 / 3-5 sets
- weighted squats / pistol squats
- plyometric deck squats
handstand / press handstand practice
stretching
- pancake stretch
- jefferson curl
- shoulder dislocates
- bridge
I alternate between straight arm static, straight arm dynamic and bent arm movements from training day to training day. I also alternate between straddle and legs together L-sit from training day to training day. Every few weeks I rotate between pistol squats and weighted squats. Now I am thinking of implementing a 4 day shedule Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri or something and splitting up to front lever, back lever, leg strength training, press handstand and the second split would be L-sit, planche push up, plyometric leg training, handstand practice.
The stretching would be the same, but 4 times a week, instead of 3 times.
My question now is, if leaving the 3 times a week shedule with all those exercises would be fine or would a split in which I do every exercise 2 times a week (but training 4 times a week in total) would be superior for strength development (?).
An alternative training routine would be push / pull / core / legs 4 times a week with alternating exercises. But where do I fit the press handstand work, planche push up and back lever work into the pushing segment, because I think I need to train a movement 2 times a week minimum to make strength gains or does once a week is enough because of carryover between exercises?
My goals are Manna, full back lever, full front lever, straddle planche and increasing vertical jump for tumbling.
Thanks for all input.