This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Natural Leg Extension foot position

Started by JAY ROACH, March 8, 2018 · 5 Replies · 131 Views

JAY ROACH

Should the feet be apart or together while performing the Natural leg extension. Tips and scaling states the legs should be parallel about hip width apart. The athlete in the video seems to have his feet touching. Which is the proper form?

Thanks,

 

JWR

Keilani Gutierrez

do your best to emulate the athlete on the video. personally, I feel a more powerful pull if my feet are together versus relaxed. 

Alessandro Mainente

Feet touching and knees touching if possible. this will lead to superior stretch for the quads.

JAY ROACH

In the technique and scaling video, wesley states the start position is legs parallel ablaut hip width apart. Why would you close them up? The movement is more difficult with legs at hip width than together.

Everett Carroll

Some actually find it more difficult with knees and feet together. Regardless, I prefer to train both variations, doing some sets with knees and feet about hip-width apart and other sets with knees and feet together. 

Keilani Gutierrez

I find them too easy with hip-width feet apart and not a "still working hard" too easy. I very frequently see people doing the variation with feet together letting the ankles separate. I've noticed if the foot is straight and not rotated, I feel a strong stretch sensation through the middle of my leg and on the outside of my hips where the TFL is. :)