This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Middle Split Blues

Started by Kevin Cox, March 6, 2018 · 6 Replies · 291 Views

Kevin Cox

Enjoying the stretch series...but the middle spit is kicking my arse.   My current pancake roll through looks like Tinman picking himself up off the yellow brick road. Keep on, keeping on.

Devon O'Neal

Mine too! Haha

Philip Windsor

Pure evil isnt it, slowly getting there though :D

Kevin Cox
3 hours ago, Philip Windsor said:

Pure evil isnt it, slowly getting there though :D

Hi Philip, true that... :)  A couple of things I've found helpful ....  I've dialed down the hold time for the positions( build up over time)  and being smarter with my regressions.   Over the last two weeks, I'm definitely feeling better.    Enjoy your training.  

Keilani Gutierrez

do what you can. i do an extra set of a few of my nemesis positions (frog, diamond frog, frog rock) and then spend some time working in my middle splits. i finish up with a few pancake roll throughs and try and use my glutes as much as i can here. 

Jennifer Marie

I like the Tinman reference @Kevin Cox.

I'm not even at Tinman yet. My middle split is so narrow, I can't push myself up high enough to get over the hump. I set up about six inches from a wall, and bump my butt back into it, so it's more of a leaning standing pancake into a forward roll through, and then I roll back to a little past standing. I figure it's better than nothing!

Fiona Silk

Oh I celebrated the first time I managed to do 10 "roll throughs" haha! They are not anything close to that - a lot of puffing and swearing ( in my head), but they're getting there. Keep on keeping on indeed :)