This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE1 - Scapular Shrugs question

Started by Mark Allen, March 6, 2018 · 2 Replies · 122 Views

Mark Allen

Hi, 

I've just seen a video posted by Gymnastic Bodies on facebook. In the video it looks as though guy is doing scapular shrugs on his elbows, is this an alternate way of doing sPL PE1 or a totally different exercise? When I saw it I thought it looked as though I would be able to really focus on the scapular shrug movement on my elbows, which is what I found when I gave it a go. I was wondering can I switch to do that version of a scapular shrug for sPL PE1? 

https://www.facebook.com/GymnasticBodies/videos/1884805468209811/?t=15

Thanks

Mark

Alessandro Mainente

Different angles of the joints involved mean different patterns. The brain does not think of muscles but with movements. ON the elbows is not the same thing as the course variation. Try to use the course variations.

Mark Allen

Thanks for the reply, I'll stick with the exercise from foundation 1