This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Russian L Dips

Started by Caleb Mcmahan, March 5, 2018 · 3 Replies · 106 Views

Caleb Mcmahan

I managed to film a few sets of russian l-dips... Like @Jin Liu was saying, I'm have a very hard time keeping a level L-sit.  Any technique/tips greatly appreciated... Thanks!

at 1:30 I do a set of half l-sit russian dips... might these be an acceptable intermediary step?  Thanks!

 

Nick Murray

Anything intermediate is useful when it helps to achieve the goal. Having extended knees greatly increases leverage on the hip, so the ability of the hip flexors to hold the legs, plus enough mobility in the hamstrings for the legs to remain level when the torso is tilted forward, plus enough co-ordination to do this....it's a journey :)

Alessandro Mainente

The first correction regards your shoulders, the lean too much on the back, they must be held in line with your elbows and not differently.

Also the more time passes between the 2 phases of pushing:

-chest / shoulder in the first part

-tricep in the second

the more you tend to fall forward.

Caleb Mcmahan

Great corrections!  Thanks