This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Getting started

Started by Dan Schreter, March 4, 2018 · 1 Replies · 85 Views

Dan Schreter

Hi,

I've been doing F1 for some time, and want to get started with the stretch series.

I have a history of injuries, and am concerned that if I attempt the full workout off the bat I'll get injured and be limited for a long period of time. I know myself to get injured relatively easily.

Are there recommendations for how to progress into it? Should I start with only some of the exercises (which?), reduce the times and reps, or something else? I'm relatively flexible, so reducing ROM is less of an issue, though I'll be careful there anyway.

Thanks! 

Pauline Taube

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out!

I am sorry to hear about your injuries. When starting off with the Stretch series I recommend to keep the intensity low. You might even do half the time and reps for the exercises to begin with and as your body adapt to the movements you can perform the whole series. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions :)