This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE2 - Elbow Side Plank Twist

Started by Matthew Wade, March 4, 2018 · 6 Replies · 91 Views

Matthew Wade

Form check appreciated.

Feels easy so either I need to Easy it, or I'm doing something wrong!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Matthew probably is easy due to a mistake.

- Look carefully to the top position, from upper elbow down to the bottom shoulder there is a straight single line ( a 180°)

-this line should be always held

-BUT when you twist and reach the bottom position the straight line does no longer exist, this because instead of twisting the upper spine you simply adduct the top arm until it reaches the floor.

-the top arm never moves, never, it stays in place, and you reach the floor because you twist the spine.

Matthew Wade
38 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Matthew probably is easy due to a mistake.

- Look carefully to the top position, from upper elbow down to the bottom shoulder there is a straight single line ( a 180°)

-this line should be always held

-BUT when you twist and reach the bottom position the straight line does no longer exist, this because instead of twisting the upper spine you simply adduct the top arm until it reaches the floor.

-the top arm never moves, never, it stays in place, and you reach the floor because you twist the spine.

Thanks. And damn it. But thanks :-) This forum function is really invaluable, I don't know why I didn't use it before. Follow-up video to follow...

Matthew Wade

Hi @Alessandro Mainente - This seems to be as well as I can keep the line currently:
- My head virtually touches the floor.
- The bottom foot is maybe a bit too far out front of my body line.
- I did feel a little pressure in the knees (the left/bottom one I think): I guess because I need to turn more from above the waist?
 



Suddenly it got a lot harder :-)

Alessandro Mainente

This is a correct execution.

Kate Abernethy

Remember top leg goes behind bottom leg for SL PE2 and in front for SL PE3.

Matthew Wade
1 hour ago, Kate Abernethy said:

Remember top leg goes behind bottom leg for SL PE2 and in front for SL PE3.

Ah, well spotted!