This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lean to one side when in a handstand

Started by Paul Bassett, March 4, 2018 · 4 Replies · 96 Views

Paul Bassett

Hey there, 

When I kick up into a handstand my natural position is slightly to the left.  Does anyone else end up naturally 'wonky'?  I correct but it feels less natural.  

Just wondering if it's a tightness somewhere that means I need to work on symmetry.

 

 

Paul Bassett

ps my body line is straight so it must be happening at the shoulders.

Tanya Hill

Hi Paul, 

This is very common. Definitely could be happening from the shoulders maybe not enough shrug on one side, it is hard to tell without a video. Are you able to send us a form check?

Paul Bassett

Yes, I'll video it for you.  So are you saying that I should look to elevate the scapula more?  I'll send a video then you can comment.

Alessandro Mainente

Sometime scapulae are elevated and the problems are in another body part. post a video