This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow pain in exercises

Started by Nils Kernell, March 4, 2018 · 1 Replies · 85 Views

Nils Kernell

Hello!

I started GB 2 months ago and so far the program has been working great for me. I do fundamentals + stretch series + handstand from Mon-Fri (as recommended in the schedule).

In November before starting GB i did some work in rings (where I had no business being) and when doing eccentric muscle ups (muscle downs?) I got pain in my elbow. This has gradually gotten better and I feel that the work I do in Foundations, strengthening my upper body, has helped a lot.

However, in the Thoracic bridge series there are a number of exercises where I feel pain in my elbow (medium to sharp) e.g. Rocking table, Supine shoulder extension and Elevated bridge.

How would you recommend me to proceed,  should I keep doing the stretches (but very carefully) and keep building strength or should I skip them altogether? Is there any complementary work I can do?

Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

Tanya Hill

Hi Nils, 

Can you send us a video to review? I highly recommend checking in with your Physio or a Professional Bodyworker as well.