Active Hang Strange Sensation

Started by Martin Jones, March 3, 2018 · 2 Replies · 1,873 Views

Martin Jones

When I'm warming up I do some passive and active bar hanging. 

However, when I retract and move into the active hang an area of my left shoulder emits a strange sensation. I would compare it to the feeling when you're stretching a muscle. It is not painful. It does seem to restrict mobility and fatigues quicker than my right shoulder.

It can also disappear during the hang on it's own. 

I'm confused as to what this is and don't wish to progress further until I've worked it out should it be problematic and lead to injury. 

It seems to be located at the anterior deltoid. There is no sensation when performing the passive hang.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Tanya Hill

Hi Martin, 

To better assist you please send us a video of your hang. I am not sure at how wide or narrow your arms are, but if you are hanging shoulder width and your shoulders are a bit tight I would recommend hanging a little wider and see if you get the same sensation. 

 

Martin Jones

It's shoulder width. 

I'm thinking maybe mild impingement due to poor posture? I've just started incorporating LYTPs and some shoulder mobility into my daily stretching.