This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE3 +iM

Started by Devon O'Neal, March 1, 2018 · 12 Replies · 162 Views

Devon O'Neal

I have been working on this for some time now, and I don't think that my form has improved at all, but I would like some coach feedback about whether I am ready to move forward with this progression or should I continue to work on this progression. I would appreciate any suggestions to improve my form. Thank you for your time.

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Devon,

Your PE looks good. Nice work! Can you also upload a side view of your iM?

Devon O'Neal

Thank you, Jeffrey! Let me know if this angle is no good. I am filming myself, so it is difficult for me to get it just right, but I can refilm if you need. Should I stay on the full squat progression or move on to the next? 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Devon,

Thank you for taking the time to upload another video.

Your squats looks good, but i recommend staying on this progression for another week or 2 while you work to increase your ROM on the iM. Keep trying to bring your knee forward more in the front of your circle, especially more towards the top. You're doing a great job, keep it up!

Devon O'Neal

No problem Jeffrey! Thank you, your advice is greatly appreciated. I will continue working it.

Devon O'Neal

I have noticed that my arms would interfere with the ROM during the forward movement of my kneeling circles, so I have moved my hands forward to give more room to allow a greater ROM during that forward portion of the movement, and this seems to help me. I am not sure how this is looking, so any critique would be appreciated. Thank you!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Devon, the squat is good but slow down the speed of the IM.

Devon O'Neal

Thanks, Alessandro! How does this look? It feels like I am using the same tempo as the follow along videos.

 

 

Devon O'Neal

I have been working on this for a few more weeks and really focusing on the form of the kneeling circles while trying to slow them down according to the advice of Alessandro. I would appreciate any critique that will help me on my path to progression. Thank you so much!

 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Devon,

Looks a lot better. I would just like to add that if you want to isolate the hips, you should avoid twisting the trunk. (twisting in the trunk is prominent in your March 29 post)

Devon O'Neal

I think I am ready for another form check after working on this for a bit. Thank you for your time!

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Great job, Devon!

Devon O'Neal

@Jeffrey Bittner Thank you! I appreciate your guidance with this one.