This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

5x1r programming

Started by Joshua Stevens, February 28, 2018 · 6 Replies · 245 Views

Joshua Stevens

I am aware of the difference between sets and reps but are the following basically 1 sets of 5 reps? (Since 5 sets of 1 rep is the same to me as 1 set and 5 reps - assuming no rest):

Long Hollow Wrist Walk = 5x1r
Long Hollow Fingertip Walk = 5 x 1r

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Joshua,

As a default,  the courses will start you at the very beginning. If you feel this is too easy then you can always change your workout settings to change which step you start.

You can find it under the fitness tab in your dashboard.

Joshua Stevens
40 minutes ago, Mikey Cunanan said:

Hey Joshua,

As a default,  the courses will start you at the very beginning. If you feel this is too easy then you can always change your workout settings to change which step you start.

You can find it under the fitness tab in your dashboard.

Thanks for the message but think you may have misunderstood the question.

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Joshua,

If I am not getting the point of your question, please help me understand what you are trying to ask.

Because 5 x 1 annotates 5 sets of 1. If you are able to do more than a single rep, then it’s best to pick a step that is more challenging for you.

This will help you progress at a faster pace. 

Jennifer Marie

Yes, five sets of one rep, and not one set of five reps.

I believe there was another handstand thread that said you could rest between sets for these wrist exercises because the physical preparation of the wrist is the driver (different from the Foundation workouts which expect a certain tempo and no rest; they use endurance to help build physical strength).

Suzanna McGee

I also do the wrist exercises in the "circuit" fashion. You would do your 1 rep of this, followed by 1 rep of that, etc… after all exercises, have a sip of water (or I do some elevated cats, or dislocates, or whatever I need) and then jump on the next round. 

Marcos Vazquez 202534

I love that circuit idea. Thanks!