This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pe2 form check tiptoe press

Started by Leigh Kettle, February 28, 2018 · 11 Replies · 166 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys 

May I get a form check and advice as I start my journey with these please 

many thanks 

leigh

https://youtu.be/ViZ0NgnWM70

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work.

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Alex :)

Leigh Kettle

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

I wanted to post two views for you of my tiptoe press that I managed to film recently to make sure Its looking towards how it should in terms of shoulders elevation etc  - many thanks in advance for your advice 

 

https://youtu.be/6cxTvhP-c4s

 

Alessandro Mainente
32 minutes ago, Leigh Kettle said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

I wanted to post two views for you of my tiptoe press that I managed to film recently to make sure Its looking towards how it should in terms of shoulders elevation etc  - many thanks in advance for your advice 

 

https://youtu.be/6cxTvhP-c4s

 

Side view is necessary to observe compression and possible lean of the shoulders.

Leigh Kettle

Hey Alex I’ve posted side view is it not showing 

I’ll try again 

 

Leigh Kettle

@Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

Try to cave your chest and reduce the lean as much as you can.

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys I’ve been messaged about help with my chest caving but hadn’t heard anything yet / no worries.  Just in meantime this is me really really focusing on trying to cave In my chest 

any better ? 

@Everett Carroll @Alessandro Mainente

 

Alessandro Mainente

The form is not bad, the less you lean the better it is.

Leigh Kettle

@Alessandro Mainente

Hey guys / Alex who has  been helping me here . I’m really struggling with this one mainly the caving chest bit . It’s something I find really hard to do - it also manifests itself as a problem when I do shoulder flexion press against the wall from the thoracic series and the weighted overhead flexion press from hs1... my thoracic just doesn’t seem to wanna flex that way yet . 

Instead of doing the tip toe press reps I’ve considered just doing holds for around 10 seconds really focusing on caving the chest and flexing the thoracic area . Do you think this is a good idea - and of not is there anything you would recommend I spend time on to help me 

I’ve included some pics of my current situation and the hold position that I have started doing 

many thanks

leigh

 

D6104BFD-3B42-4CE8-A970-E06D40EED026.png

C77DB99C-5F77-4662-8CB7-C0756F5DDB1B.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente
On 26/7/2018 at 10:51 PM, Leigh Kettle said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Hey guys / Alex who has  been helping me here . I’m really struggling with this one mainly the caving chest bit . It’s something I find really hard to do - it also manifests itself as a problem when I do shoulder flexion press against the wall from the thoracic series and the weighted overhead flexion press from hs1... my thoracic just doesn’t seem to wanna flex that way yet . 

Instead of doing the tip toe press reps I’ve considered just doing holds for around 10 seconds really focusing on caving the chest and flexing the thoracic area . Do you think this is a good idea - and of not is there anything you would recommend I spend time on to help me 

I’ve included some pics of my current situation and the hold position that I have started doing 

many thanks

leigh

 

D6104BFD-3B42-4CE8-A970-E06D40EED026.png

C77DB99C-5F77-4662-8CB7-C0756F5DDB1B.jpeg

PLease Leigh send me a PM. i'm gonna talk you deeper about your current limitation.