This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2

Started by Simon Wiskowski, February 27, 2018 · 3 Replies · 128 Views

Simon Wiskowski

Hello,

I just advanced from PE1 to PE2, from the incline row to the ground row. However, even on step 1 of PE2 it's difficult for me to pull all the way up at the very top of the ground row. I'm just not strong enough yet. Should I...

1. Go back to PE1 and add more reps to the 5x15? Maybe a 5x20 or 5x25?

2. Do an intermediary PE1.5 at an incline that is between PE1 and PE2 in difficulty?

3. Just tough it out at PE2 doing what I can knowing my form and strength will improve shortly?

4. Or some combination of the above options?

Thank you for the advice!

Simon

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Simon, , is very strange, post a form check of your ground row.

Antonio Alías Montoya

And maybe a check form of pe1.

Jennifer Marie

I passed form check of PE1 but couldn't do more than 2-3 ground rows. I ended up adjusting  the ringheight to half way between ground and incline position, and restarted the progression to a 5x15. (I'm consistent to about 5x10 currently.) Then I'll restart PE2 at the lower height.

I definitely agree to submit a form check for your PE1 & PE2 before doing that though. Make sure that you shouldn't be tweaking anything before adding more volume at a potentially inefficient movement.