This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE4

Started by Guido Franchetti, February 26, 2018 · 12 Replies · 204 Views

Guido Franchetti

Would it be fine to do the arch ups from the floor?

If not any suggestions for an at home setup? I can't think of any convenient setup to anchor my legs if doing it on a couch/table/etc

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi Guido,

The best way I found when I used to do these at my place was either to put a door frame pull up bar and use straps like in the follow along videos, or with a stability ball, with the feet under something to hold on.  

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Guido Franchetti said:

Would it be fine to do the arch ups from the floor?

If not any suggestions for an at home setup? I can't think of any convenient setup to anchor my legs if doing it on a couch/table/etc

The floor variation limits the work to the upper spine while the lower is take off. the door frame bar is a good suggestion.

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Étienne and Alessandro, I'll see if I can find a good strap.

Guido Franchetti

So, first time with a proper setup. I could do 5x10 without much of a struggle. This is my last set, how is the form?

Thanks!

 

 

Guido Franchetti

Bump!

Keilani Gutierrez

better.

however, i’d like to see more involvemnt from the glutes. if it’s possible for you to do it from a bent body position starting at 90 degrees, this would be ideal. you really dont want to skip these gainz opportunities. each progression will only get -much- harder if you lack any strength or mobility from a previous progression. 

side lever is -very- stimulating on the lower back. i can feel a very distinct difference between my right and left when doing side lever negatives. you’ll notice the same when you get to twisting and circle arch ups. which is why i’m hammering out these deficiencies before giving specific side lever work any serious commitment. 

Guido Franchetti

Ok, I have two problems with the strap. First I tried with the ring straps and that feels like being cut in a half - I suppose I need a proper strap, any advice on where to get it (delivering in Italy)?

Second: I have a doorframe pull up bar but no stall bar behind to put the feet on. Keeping the feet in the air doesn't seem to work, what do people usually do, keep them on the ground or rest them on a chair/something else elevated?
@Étienne Lajeunesse

Thanks a lot!

Petra Kmecová

Hey @Guido Franchetti. I was doing some "research" myself on the best setup for this progression (coz I'm closing in on a mastery with PE3). I sometimes work out at my parents house with very limited equipment, so I too need an easy solution myself. 

I found one in really old topic... I cannot found anymore, but I'll try to explain... 

You need higher sturdy table (kitchen one for example)  and rings straps... You'll wrapp both straps around the tabletop-tightly and as you lie down on the table you scoot you ankles beneath the straps... That worked for some people nicely. 

Putting a mat on the edge of the table will make it more comfortable. 

Something like this:

_20180308_181520.thumb.JPG.59e82be5ab03af25b7b6450efe9a94ec.JPG

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Petra! I tried securing my feet with a barbell but that didn't work well and I do not have enough weights (15kg was not enough for me). And a heavy weight elevated and not secured is not the safest thing anyway...

I didn't think of using the ring straps however, I'll give it a shot!

Guido Franchetti

I realised I didn't have a long enough table so I ordered a proper back strap. While waiting for it I managed to get some assistance. I think I am properly engaging the glutes now. This is a 6th set, the last two reps are not very good as my assistant nearly let go of my legs...

Moving to PE5 unless there are strong objections!

Alessandro Mainente

NIce work, everything is ok.

Joachim Hecht

I built myself some set up out of a TRX Suspension Trainer and a belt for extra weight. Works pretty good for me and looks like the ones they use in the follow alongs!