This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated caesor ankles together

Started by Sophie Neil, February 25, 2018 · 6 Replies · 194 Views

Sophie Neil

Hello, I try very hard to keep my ankles together during the elevated caesor ankle and shin stretch but no matter what I do they don’t touch. Perhaps my calves are getting in the way? Is it better not to elevate my knees until my ankles are completely together when I’m in a kneeling position? Not sure what’s the priority for this stretch. Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

in These case, I suggest using something like a towel to hold the heels together.

Erlend Hunstad 158922

I used the stretch strap for the first 4 months. It did really help.

I stil can´t hold them toghether by myself, but ffeling it moving in the right direction

Ashley Burton-Smith

I'm also struggling with this. It almost feels impossible just to get them to touch, let alone hold them together. Anyone know what paticular muscles cause this weakness?

Kevin Parker

I have the same issue.  I have been doing this series for about a year and while I have seen a lot of improvement, I cannot get my ankles to touch.

The only way my heels will come together is if I spread my knees wide.  I feel I am not targeting the front of the ankle if I do so.  Any ways to scale this, or is it better to just have heels apart?

Jeffrey Bittner

As Alex and Erland mentioned above, using a stretching strap, towel, or belt to hold your feet together is a great way to increase your flexibility in this position. As your flexibility improves, you will eventually be able to hold your feet together on your own without a strap/belt for assistance.

Alessandro Mainente

Cmon guys... think that you pass all the day into a position where the tibialis anterior is held in a shortened position....days over days....you need a lot of time to restore it.