This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Migrating mobility exercises to other sports

Started by Mikko Koskela, February 25, 2018 · 2 Replies · 84 Views

Mikko Koskela

I've been thinking about taking a longer break from Foundation and experiment with other sports. But one thing I don't want to give up is mobility training which has been one of best components of this program. My question is: how can I keep mobility training in my routine without F1 and HS?

For now I'm thinking about putting it into my warm-up routine. But how often should I do it and how to structure exercises?

Specifically is it too much to do all mobility exercises each day? And, if I follow rep and set -scheme from each exercise, how should I structure mobility routine without strength components... all sets back to back, with some kind of break, or circuit style?

 

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Hi MIkko, the frequency is pretty individual so is harder to give a specific suggestion without knowing your sport, the type of training for this sport, the schedule, the technical movement, your level now and you sports history.

The mobility you should select the exercises that stretch muscles that you are going to use in the future.

Every sport is muscles dominant for something and the first goal to not develop imbalance is to keep a decent amount of the stretch for the muscles you use and strength for the muscle you are not using. Also, consider that deep link between strength and mobility. if you do not have strong muscles the mobility training tends to slow down.

Jennifer Marie

I definitely borrow GB mobility for warm-ups on other activities, and some days after a tough workout as part of my cool down routine. Like Alessandro suggested, I keep it specific to the activity I'm doing, with the occasional mobility movement for which I simply need the extra session of work.