This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bridgework

Started by Natasha Anderberg, February 24, 2018 · 7 Replies · 121 Views

Natasha Anderberg

Hi,

I have been working with the stretch series consistenly for almost a year now and are finally starting to see some progress! I am especially struggling with the bridges which I find really hard. I still can't do all the different excercises (hip taps etc). I am struggling with my left arm - no matter how hard I try it's still not really straight. Can you watch the attached video and give me some advice and tips of what to think of to progress?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dnguj2uc58k0bin/AAAeRzP9-F4nRHgU3pMM2czxa?dl=0

If you can't Open the video you can find on my Insta page @natashaanderberg 

Than you!

Natasha

Alessandro Mainente

HI Natasha, for the health of your shoulder having a straight arm in the bridge is imperative. so, for now, focus on this, eventually more inverted cat daily work is necessary.

Natasha Anderberg

I have been working with my shoulders on a daily basis the last 3 years (and it's a lot better!!). Do you mean that I shouldn't work on the bridge at all since my left arm is not straight?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes. If your arm is not straight the movement is not symmetric and soon or after your body will gain imbalances.

Natasha Anderberg

I guess that I will give up on ever working on bridges then?! Is that what you suggest? Did you open/look at the video or is your advice only from my question?

Alessandro Mainente

I looked at your video because the bent elbow is clearly visible.

I suggest you add the inverted cat stretch on daily basis, you can try to move the feet higher and see what' happen to your elbow.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi Natasha, you can work ofently on inverted cat as suggested and also on elevated cat. I also recommend one arm elevated cat and elevated cat but bending completely your elbows (hands to shoulders). This way you strecht also your triceps and lats. Do the last one on a bench so that you can place your head under it and you can also try with just one arm and both arms.

Sean Schade

Thanks Alessandro. I didn’t realize the negative consequences for bent elbows with this exercise. I wil be adding a lot more inverted cat to my daily limber.