This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

supine shoulder extension

Started by Arsen Giller, February 23, 2018 · 7 Replies · 188 Views

Arsen Giller

Hello All,

 

I am experiencing pain on the outer parts of my elbows when going into this. Even before i start lowering my body. When i am only bringing the hands behind me and rolling my shoulders back. I immediately feel pressure on the outside of my elbows(more on the left). I understand that i should only be going as low as it is comfortable for my elbow but the video only mentions pain on the inside of the elbow due to tightness in the bicep, which is not what is happening with me. And if i feel the pressure before i even start lowering, where should my stopping point really be?

thank you.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Arsen can you post a pic?

I have one my friend experiencing something like that on dislocates.

By releasing the tricep the problem was gone, maybe was only his case.

Antonio Alías Montoya
11 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Arsen can you post a pic?

I have one my friend experiencing something like that on dislocates.

By releasing the tricep the problem was gone, maybe was only his case.

Hi @Alessandro Mainente, how to release the triceps? There are not triceps stretches in GB and I was wondering how to strecht them correctly. I also experience the same discomfort in the outside of my elbow, even with a very soft strecht. I never thought it could be the triceps. In any case I d love to release it! Many thanks!

 

Suzanna McGee
12 minutes ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente, how to release the triceps? There are not triceps stretches in GB and I was wondering how to strecht them correctly. I also experience the same discomfort in the outside of my elbow, even with a very soft strecht. I never thought it could be the triceps. In any case I d love to release it! Many thanks!

 

Just google triceps myofascial release…  I use a lacrosse ball or softball… I do it quite regularly, it helps the whole kinetic chain and shoulder mobility as well  :-) 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Thanks @Suzanna McGee! I should really buy one of this massage balls. I never used one of them. I ve looked for some streches and I was already doing a good one, the elevated cat with completely bend elbows. I feel that stretcht my triceps and even my lats.

Matthew Morse

The im for HBP/PE6 is a great tricep stretch. 

Antonio Alías Montoya
1 hour ago, Matthew Morse said:

The im for HBP/PE6 is a great tricep stretch. 

That was what i was doing but using my sofa instead of wall bars! Thanks for your input! I ll try with wall bar as well.

Alessandro Mainente
On 23/2/2018 at 11:28 PM, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente, how to release the triceps? There are not triceps stretches in GB and I was wondering how to strecht them correctly. I also experience the same discomfort in the outside of my elbow, even with a very soft strecht. I never thought it could be the triceps. In any case I d love to release it! Many thanks!

 

reach the shoulder with the hand by bending the elbows, then roll the outer side of the tricep near the elbow with an Olympic bar.

enjoy pain!