Hi all! Hoping for some feedback on my form in the vid below! I was inspired to move back a step by one @Jeremy Aldridge after seeing a post of his! Let me know what you think!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ezra Richardson, February 21, 2018 · 3 Replies · 82 Views
Hi all! Hoping for some feedback on my form in the vid below! I was inspired to move back a step by one @Jeremy Aldridge after seeing a post of his! Let me know what you think!
How did it feel by changing up the feet? Could you feel a difference in a stronger contraction throughout the core? It seems to help me out a lot. I have actually started planks also this way until a feel my hollow position is fully engaged and then I move back on to my feet. I will let the coaches critique it, they know best!!
@Jeremy Aldridge Changing the feet makes a huge difference! I too get the sense of a stronger contraction throughout the core, and I have been going back and forth between this and on my toes since I began the training! It seemed intuitive to be practicing GST and point the toes during most movements! I have also been doing planks this way, I don't see how it could possibly be a bad thing! haha We'll have to let the coaches comment!
2 hours ago, Jeremy Aldridge said:How did it feel by changing up the feet? Could you feel a difference in a stronger contraction throughout the core? It seems to help me out a lot. I have actually started planks also this way until a feel my hollow position is fully engaged and then I move back on to my feet. I will let the coaches critique it, they know best!!
POinted feet have more degree of "sliding on the floor" and also the total leverage on the abs which begin from the pelvis to the last point on the lower limbs is higher. this means harder work on the core.