This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

T1/3.4 Extended Forward Roll (form check)

Started by Suzanna McGee, February 20, 2018 · 3 Replies · 60 Views

Suzanna McGee

The dog is not impressed :D

@Alessandro Mainente, in the exercises description it says "The knees will momentarily extend and straighten in the middle of the roll", which I am trying to do. It doesn't say anything about the arms. I am just noticing that my arms bend a little bit, while in the instruction video they are straight. Do the arms matter? Do you have any other tips, please?  I would like to impress not just you but the dog too  ;-) 

 

 

Luke Searra

Suzanna, that is a pretty solid forward roll. You can aesthetically improve it by keeping your feet together and pointing your toes of course. The arms of course should be straight for the "extended" forward roll. Feel free to update the movement and video for us if you are unsure.

Suzanna McGee

Thank you @Luke Searra for clarification about the arms  :-)  I was focusing on extending the legs, not arms. I will work on it and make it all pretty. This was my first time I tried this, so there is a lot of room for improvement. Thank you. 

Alessandro Mainente

Yes the arm should be straigth!