This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake Shoulder position

Started by Ryan Bridges 278958, February 19, 2018 · 3 Replies · 86 Views

Ryan Bridges 278958

During pancake work in the middle split series, Iv made significant progress with how wide I can take my feet, but the position to touch the foot, where the inside shoulder lays down, is so far impassable. I have made almost no progress. Iv tried using a strap around the foot for two weeks, and it just feels super awkward. 

 

Is this a matter of putting more time into it with the strap? Or is there something I’m missing? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Ryan I completely understand you. think that normally during the day er are holding the side bending muscles always in a state of contraction. Then only with "once a week" stretch exercise we cannot compensate an entire week in a squeezed state. My suggestion is to use only this stretch exercise often.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Some lateral banded stretch work helped me a lot for this one!  Rolling your side is another good way to relax your muscles.

Ryan Bridges 278958

Thank you!