This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE7>iM Mobility Form Check

Started by George Chung, February 18, 2018 · 6 Replies · 103 Views

George Chung

 

Keilani Gutierrez

Goerge

 these are pretty challenging aren't they! I love doing them standing but prone just takes these to a whole other level. how much weight is on that bar you're using? I think some more work can be done in the standing dislocates. I recommend stretching out the pecs so you can start narrowing the grip because there are two ways you can progress this mobility exercise - one is by upping the weight and another is by narrowing the grip. if you can do these with a reasonable amount of weight, start working those hands in. ;)

as for performance cues, I really like pushing the weight around in whichever direction it faces. if i have it overhead, i'm pushing it overhead. if i have it behind me, i'm retracting my shoulders. this gives me more control and allows me to really stretch out my shoulder in every possible angle.

get them gainz!

 

George Chung

Thanks! I'm using an 8 lb bar. Yea, I'm revisiting all the HS mobility drills. I have deficiencies in shoulder mobility that I need to address.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey George, can i ask for a side view?

George Chung
On 2/19/2018 at 1:48 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey George, can i ask for a side view?

Here's a side view from both right and left side...thank you!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Keep the chin into the ground so that your neck is closer to the floor.

George Chung
22 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Keep the chin into the ground so that your neck is closer to the floor.

Thank you for the correction!