This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE4 &5

Started by Johan Tideland, February 18, 2018 · 16 Replies · 216 Views

Jeffrey Bittner

You're off to a good start on both of these. On PE4 you are doing a nice job of keeping your back flat on the ground. Work on opening your shoulders more as well as keeping your head in a neutral position. On PE5 I suggest starting with and unweighted bar so that you can focus on getting your shoulders open all the way. Great job!

Alessandro Mainente

Remember to keep the hips on the floor on the PE5, also NO weight (or very low) should be felt on the knees.

Johan Tideland

Hi

does this look better with my hips? I am trying to push my hips to the floor, also I do not feel any weight on my knees

PE5https://youtu.be/nQ42QM_os74

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Ideally no space in between your abs and floor!

Johan Tideland

So just to make sure I understand the PE5 correctly: it should be done with PPT, no pike in the hips but also with the abs on the floor?

The one thing I do not understand is how I can keep PPT but still have my abs on the floor, I must be missing something, sorry if I am confused

Suzanna McGee
30 minutes ago, Johan Tideland said:

So just to make sure I understand the PE5 correctly: it should be done with PPT, no pike in the hips but also with the abs on the floor?

The one thing I do not understand is how I can keep PPT but still have my abs on the floor, I must be missing something, sorry if I am confused

Eating A LOT and grow your belly will be the simplest and fastest solution :D  However, listen to Alessandro…. 

Antonio Alías Montoya
1 hour ago, Johan Tideland said:

So just to make sure I understand the PE5 correctly: it should be done with PPT, no pike in the hips but also with the abs on the floor?

The one thing I do not understand is how I can keep PPT but still have my abs on the floor, I must be missing something, sorry if I am confused

Hi Johan, I m not a coach but from what I see in your video your are separating the abs from the floor on purpose maybe to hold what you think is ppt. Actually if you hold ppt your abs and your pelvis will be completely touching the ground. The movement the pelvis can do is tilting, tilting posteriorily and tilting anteriorily. It s the upper part of the pelvis the one that "direct" the movement. If the upper part tilt backwards is ppt. If tilt forward is apt. APT arch your back. PPT  straighten your back. If you don t want pike in your hips then you certainly need abs on the ground. I hope I explain myself properly.:)

Johan Tideland

Haha @Suzanna McGee , good one :)

Thank you @Antonio Alías Montoya! that actually makes a lot of sense. So basically I am still to tight in my hips and quads and therefore I compensate by piking the hips and thus my abs lift of the floor

I guess I need to do more hip and quad stretching to solve this?

Antonio Alías Montoya
8 hours ago, Johan Tideland said:

Haha @Suzanna McGee

Thank you @Antonio Alías Montoya! 

I guess I need to do more hip and quad stretching to solve this?

Exactly! Strecht your quads and psoas-iliacus daily or many times during the week. I m also very tight there.

Leo Trinidad

Hi Johan,

Definitely stretch as a warmup before doing the exercise.

Johan Tideland

Hello again

I have been practicing, does this look better on the PE5?

https://youtu.be/TM3aPHBzENY

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

If no retraction occurs...NICE work!

Johan Tideland

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente

How do I see if no retractions occurs?  by filming from a top view ?

Alessandro Mainente

Think about protract them, is hard to see, someone should film you from the ceiling...maybe spiderman ;-)

Johan Tideland

I managed to find spiderman lurking in the corner, here is the result of his filming

https://youtu.be/dG0_Na6f_BE

Its quite a lot of light so it might be hard to see, I hope that it is enough thought 

To me it looks like I am not fully protracted, its more towards neutral scaps but it is hard for me to judge