This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Involuntary shaking of quad during front splits

Started by Craig Copeland, February 17, 2018 · 3 Replies · 134 Views

Craig Copeland

https://youtu.be/Og_p48gAsHE

the video shows what my right quadriceps does sometimes during front split series and middle split series — maybe 1 out of every 3 workouts. Been doing these series for 3+ years. I can sorta stop this for about 3 seconds if I squeeze the medialis really hard, but then it starts again. 

Is this the result of lack of hydration? Stretching too hard? Not enough sleep?  Nutrition issue? If it’s the result of being too good-looking ....nah, that ain’t it. 

Thanks for any help

Craig

Alessandro Mainente

I think that this is totally normal so do not worry too much  All it is is an indication of your stretch limit or your muscles strength/weakness. Think of it as your muscle saying, "That's enough — don't go any further!" At this point of the stretch exercise, you should stop and hold the stretch where it is most comfortable for you, and take a few deep breaths before you release the stretch position.

Craig Copeland

Thank you. 

Keilani Gutierrez

agreed with Alessandro.

our body has responses to being under duress, so having an eye for those signals can help you gauge when you can push a little more or when to hang out. I get the shakes sometimes during compression work and active front split in the quads.