Help.

Started by Seiji, April 4, 2010 · 6 Replies · 1,858 Views

Seiji

UHG! My internet failed me as I posted the first time... now I have to rewrite and get the youtube codes over again >:(

First video is a cartwheel > arabian attempt. It looks more of a sideflip to frontflip instead of an arabian, and I could stand to hold the tuck longer. Also, I seem to jump a little to the side. Also, I bend my legs a little in the cartwheel.

The second video are my takes on aerial and double leg. I noticed in neither of the moves I use my arms correctly :P It's a long video (not really) and most of it isn't me. So, aerial is somewhere between the middle and the end and a double leg is the last trick. Also, a hook>540 is in there if some of you decide to look at it near the beginning.

-I'm the shirtless guy with the sash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v= ... KAQQdQqXQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v= ... 3qS933Ep1g

Blairbob

well the CW to arabian is gonna look more like a side somi because you do a sideways cartwheel vs a front to back cartwheel step-in or round-off. You have to bend a little in the legs in the carthweel upon landing to jump into the side 1/4 or arabian.

your friend is either doing websters/front aerials, I'm not exactly sure but he is either flipping too long for either or not driving off the foreleg and kicking up with the rear for a front aerial

I'm not sure about arm technique for a double leg.

As for your front aerial, don't reach for the ground. You may not but you almost do.

Seiji

Alright, I'll keep those in mind. Thanks again!

Do you know where I can find a good tutorial for a front-back cartwheel? I can't find one.

Seiji

Oh, and where should the hands be during a front aerial?

dlsso

I don't know if they want us filling up their forum with stuff that isn't technically gymnastics, but the doubleleg looked very nice as far as using the lower body and keeping it tight. Looks like you traveled to the side quite a bit, which you might want to adjust, but other than that I think the only thing to improve it would be using the the arms and setting a little for more height.

If by front aerial you are meaning the gymnast term, I believe you want to throw them back like you would for a russian front, but of course you should wait for a real gymnast to confirm that. For a "regular" aerial I've heard at least 3 different ways.

Blairbob

Yep, I've heard at least 3 techniques for the aerial as to what to do with the arms.

Seiji

Hehe, WELL.

This forum is (sadly) almost inactive. Someone's gotta bring a pep to it's step!

The reason why I bring my stuff here is because almost no one is gonna help me on TS. Just look at how they are when I ask a simple question. I think I'll limit my questions to gymnastics here from now on anyways :D