This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Heels drift apart

Started by Athanasios Rovos, February 15, 2018 · 4 Replies · 168 Views

Athanasios Rovos

In the squatted + curled seiza my heels drift apart.I try with my mind tο avoid that but this is not succeeding anything.Can i wrap a belt around my ankles to help myself get into the correct position or this is not advised ?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, YOU MUST. it is a very common strategy, nothing wrong with it.

Zoe Siskos

I came on here looking specifically for info on the heels being apart. Alessandro, is it more important to have the heels together? I use strap to keep them together but am finding it awkward to keep in that position.

Alessandro Mainente

Yes absolutely, the heels apart it is the natural compensation of the ankles.

Keilani Gutierrez

i see it happen so much especially when you get into using the top of your feet on planks/planche leans. stretch that big toe line!