This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS/PE1 + iM formcheck

Started by Petra Kmecová, February 14, 2018 · 8 Replies · 120 Views

Petra Kmecová

Greetings, 

after a break I’m getting back to pHS course. 

How is my form on PE?

On iM exercise ... I played with two variations. 

In first one, I can feel perfect stretch, but my hands keep slipping and I’m not able to do more than 2 reps.

In second one, I’m holding on a rung near my hips - higher. I can complete 5 reps without fear of falling, but the stretch itself is less intense. 

In both -  I quess that lack of strength is involved, because as for mobility itself I feel like I could go deeper, but won’t be able to pull myself back :-(.

I did first one in my today’s workout, but then I played a bit with it and decided that the second one will be better ... for now. What are your opinions?

Or should I combine it, perhaps?

Any advice welcome ;-)

Petra Kmecová

Any pointers before my today’s training?

Thx in advance

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Petra Kmecová,

Your PE looks good but make sure to do maximum protraction and really engage the core and PPT. As for the iM, I prefer the first one but make sure that your toes doesn't hit the floor/mat (you see that you are flexing your toes) Feet placement in the second iM video is better. I hope this helps.

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Leo Trinidad. Yes, it helps :-)

Petra Kmecová

So, I've lately came to a conclusion, that I did not fully understand a handstand clue "shoulders by your ears" and when I was performing anything handstand related I was not pushing strongly to the ground, thus not elevating enough. 

Here, I am doing my best to elevate my shoulders in pHS/PE1 exercise and would like to know your opinion, whether the elevation looks sufficient. 

Thanks

 

Petra Kmecová

Any advice?... As I plan on doing that workout later today. 

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

IN order to check the elevation you need to answer a question: do you feel the ears on your delts?

yes: perfect elevation

NO: 2 possibilities:

1)no elevation is performed;

2) there is elevation but the head is out of alignment and it must be relocated correctly.

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente. I can see in my videos that in this exercise, I tend to tuck my chin. So, I quess that in order to keep my head aligned, I should not tuck it, but rather keep my eyes on a line between my hands... Just like in a handstand? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, if you move your fingers you should be able to see only your thumbs.