This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS1 PE5

Started by Adrian Theopold, February 13, 2018 · 5 Replies · 68 Views

Adrian Theopold

As my shoulder flexion mobility is probably okay (extension is taking it's time) I thought I could give this PE a try.

This is the last of 4 sets, so everything is already a bit shaky.I guess more ppt might be appropriate, it's definitely tough to hold it all the time in the same form.

Best regards,

Adrian

Mikey Cunanan

Hey @Adrian Theopold

This is a very nice start. Make sure to straighten your knees completely. This will help you maintain ppt more efficiently.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Adrain if you can round your upper back you will obtain much more benefits for future skill development.

Keilani Gutierrez

agreed with alessandro and mikey. this is a huge milestone for really opening the shoulders. it’s only going to get harder from there on out, so milking it dor all its worth is going to pay dividends later, you’ll notice it once you make it to the wall.

Adrian Theopold

Thanks for the helpful comments, especially @Alessandro Mainente for "rounding the shoulders".

By doing so I noticed that "shrugging your shoulders to your ears" probably shouldn't come solely from the upper, but very strongly from the mid and lower traps? At least this is where I feel the tension now. Here is my updated form.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Lower traps have the major role here.