This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS2 PE3 Formcheck

Started by Adrian Theopold, February 13, 2018 · 3 Replies · 103 Views

Adrian Theopold

Hey everybody,

two weeks ago I finally managed to rekord myself on this exercise and even more surprising I found to the time post my attempt....

The setup I'm using is about knee height, but a bit lower might be a good idea for the next time. The 5 reps aren't really exhausting, could probably add 2-3 each set with this form.

What I noticed is that I pike in my hips when moving backward, besided that any other clues or is the exericise fine like this?

Best regards,

Adrian

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Adrian,

It looks like you're doing a pretty good job. As you do this exercise, really try to focus on pushing through the shoulders and traps to get your feet through the bottom. Building a lower setup will better help you to feel your position throughout your set.

Adrian Theopold

First thanks to @Jeffrey Bittner!

Like you recommended I build myself a lower setup and was able to complete exactly one good rep on it. Now after 2~3 months this feels pretty easy and I continued to PE4.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice job, Adrian!

As you do your presses try to keep your shoulders directly over your hands. Also, as you press your feet backwards, work on curling your spine one vertebrae at a time similar to a Jefferson curl. Curling your back will help you prepare for more advanced press work.