This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing single leg pike question

Started by Leigh Kettle, February 12, 2018 · 2 Replies · 103 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys

forgive me if this has been covered before but I did search and couldn’t find a difinitive answer

of the 2 pics below which is preferable 

pic 1 - I have my foot away from the wall somewhat to keep my straight leg more perpendicular to the floor - 

pic 2- I have my heel touching the wall but as you can see due to my flexibility inadequacies there is now more of an angle  in the straight leg as I cannot get my upper leg to the wall 3FF61F55-0A91-4E63-BAD3-A06823B801A0.thumb.png.dba753bd4e9131c10190a66c9f564a1c.png

 

B5673ED5-3876-4A7B-A678-C9CA79AAF260.png

As i say which one is better to continue with at my current level ?

many thanks

leigh 

Everett Carroll

Hey Leigh,

You want the heel of your straight leg on the wall. For you, I also suggest using a yoga block to elevate your hands a bit as shown in the technique tip video. That will help you keep APT.

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Everett that’s great 

yes I usually do use the blocks but didn’t here for the quick photo I wanted to submit but I should have included sorry 

thanks again