This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progression to simple Bridge

Started by Chris Roda, February 9, 2018 · 4 Replies · 128 Views

Chris Roda

Greetings,

I'm sure this has been answered many times. If someone could point me to the threads I would be much obliged!

I am just about into my third week working out with Gymnastic Bodies. I'm working on the Thoracic Bridge Stretch work out. I can not do a bridge for the life of me which makes the last 10 minutes of the workout almost a wash-out. If someone could point out the threads explaining how to work up to doing a bridge on flat ground that would be awesome! I figure If I can work my up to doing a bridge for more than a few seconds I can start to do the stretches on the last 10 minutes of the video.

Thanks for your help!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Chris, from the main page of the GB courses use the fitness LABEL on the top then select course library and then the thoracic bridge course. The new page will show all the single exercise and a possible scaled variation.

have you already checked them?

Giulio Pizzini

Chris, follow Alessandro advice and check the video for the Bridge push-up, at the end they show a standing version. The same idea can be used for the elevated bridge and the bridge hip taps

Chris Roda

Great Guys - Thank you very much. I have checked out these videos and I have done my best but I'm afraid i'll need a bit more attention on these bad boys. I guess I have an ultra stiff upper back. ANy other suggestions?

Cheers!

Jennifer Marie

It's okay if you stop the video at the elevated bridges, at first. If you're tight enough, you might need more time in the preceding poses before you can get into a proper bridge. It's okay. This is supposed to be a long slow process.

Now that being said, in those variations you found, my favorite is kicking into a handstand and slowly lowering the feet down the wall or stall bar to work into a very, very elevated bridge, or if you're not quite there yet, the standing variations Giulio mentioned will help.

If you're still struggling a video form check is invaluable!