I can only hold the support position (rings turned out) for 40 seconds or so. It's quite draining for me.
What's a good time?
Started by irongymnast, April 3, 2010 · 4 Replies · 3,432 Views
I can only hold the support position (rings turned out) for 40 seconds or so. It's quite draining for me.
What's a good time?
This is a good time.
Better of course, would be 1m, 90s, 2m, 3m, etc.
The ring support is, to me, one of those basic skills that seem like they ought to be easy to perform but are in actuality incredibly hard and really beneficial to progress. I liken them to wall extensions in that respect. Simple yet powerful.
If you hold it long enough you will get some gnarly elbow conditioning out of it. Aim for 90-120s.
In my opinion if you can hold it for 40 seconds you should just increase the difficulty at this point.
Either widen your hands so you're closer to a cross position, or add weight to yourself and hold the position for 3x15 seconds.
My two cents.