This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seiza - Front Split Series

Started by Andrea DeVivo, February 8, 2018 · 2 Replies · 180 Views

Andrea DeVivo

During the seiza stretches

1. I use a strap to keep my heels together. Is that ok?

2. When I do, I feel a stretch along the medial portion of the arch of my foot (looks like Abductor Hallucis).  I don't feel a stretch in the front of my ankle or shin or even the top of my foot.  Am I doing something wrong?

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Andrea,

Its fine to use a strap to kee your heels from spreading apart.

I wouldn’t worry too much about where exactly you feel the stretch. Often times you will first feel the stretch where you need it most. 

If you have any doubts about this or any progression, you always have the option to send a video for review. 

It’ll be much easier to give specific advice with a visual.

Antonio Alías Montoya
21 hours ago, Andrea DeVivo said:

 

2. When I do, I feel a stretch along the medial portion of the arch of my foot (looks like Abductor Hallucis).  I don't feel a stretch in the front of my ankle or shin or even the top of my foot.  Am I doing something wrong?

You feel it exactly where I feel it :). You feel it there because is tight and this is impiding you to keep your heels together. Once you can keep your heels and butt together you will start feeling in the front of your ankle. For me it worked well working sometimes without the straps to gain the strenght to keep heels together. Good luck with this one!