Hi
I just started these, how do they look?
I notice that there is a lot of work to be done on the im, but I will keep working on it.
PEhttps://youtu.be/MzHDi1NgGqA
im set2https://youtu.be/cZ_F7ACt_oc
im set3https://youtu.be/SX9ydC3XIIc
Thanks
Johan
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Johan Tideland, February 7, 2018 · 21 Replies · 266 Views
Hi
I just started these, how do they look?
I notice that there is a lot of work to be done on the im, but I will keep working on it.
PEhttps://youtu.be/MzHDi1NgGqA
im set2https://youtu.be/cZ_F7ACt_oc
im set3https://youtu.be/SX9ydC3XIIc
Thanks
Johan
Hey Johan, during the single leg squat is your feet pointing in the same direction of the upper leg?
Hi @Alessandro Mainente
Yes I think my feet are generally pointing in the same direction as my upper legs, but you can be the judge, here is a front view .
Front https://youtu.be/zy-Iok5BB3I
I also notice that my right ankle seem to have a tad bit less flexibility.
bump
This is from today's workout
PEhttps://youtu.be/MkmF-u-0fTs
imhttps://youtu.be/30Kv1OHaWwk
Thanks
bumping this again
From today's workout:
PEhttps://youtu.be/YuH-Slvg030
imhttps://youtu.be/b3qPBh_MeeE
Cheers
Great job on both of these, Johan!
On your iM you are picking up some pike in your hips as you lower in as well as when you are pulling out. I recommend placing some yoga blocks underneath your hands to give yourself some extra help as you push out of the bottom. Nice work so far!
Thanks Jeffrey, I will get some blocks to help me with the im
Hello again
How does this look? to me it looks like I still have a little bit of pike, should I use higher blocks in order to eliminate the pike or perhaps reduce the ROM as a start?
imhttps://youtu.be/1eoOlisYzV4
thanks
You can consider to put the arms wider so that the range of motion where you can get an extra helps is definitely less.
I noticed that the demo video show a squat negative at about 6 seconds. Is this strictly 10s? I can do it but it's murder!
good?
Also, assuming the count to be per leg. So 4x3x10s is 3 on each leg.
2 questions:
if I complete 3 on one leg and 2 on the other, log a 2?
can I alternate or is it 3 on one leg followed by 3 on the other?
thanks
YEs, log at 2, the reference is the weak limb.
10 second is mandatory.
AT the beginning if you cannot do all the reps with one leg FIRSt, you can alternate, but the mastery is all the reps on one side first, then the other one.
Hi, I have been working on this, how does it look?
PE fronthttps://youtu.be/uQpPcVdyB2Y
PE sidehttps://youtu.be/6R-UeQ8C0Mo
imhttps://youtu.be/Rxt2TAG91OU
I will start working on doing all the reps on one side and then the other side instead of alternating from now on.
Also just on a curious note: I have noticed some pretty big gain in my pike flexibility since I started doing the leg curls, could this be related to gaining more hamstring strength? or is it perhaps just a coincidence?
thanks
Johan
Hi
Here is an update on how this goes. I feel like I am getting better, especially the im feels easier
PEhttps://youtu.be/atAtUNztNVw
imhttps://youtu.be/bHKA--9qbR0
Johan
Nice work. with the time reduce the assistance for the leg curl.
Hello again, how does the leg curls look now? ok to move on?
Hey Johan, not bad, aim for reaching the 45° before letting the body to fall.then you can move on.
Wow, this has been really helpful to see the feedback for others doing the same thing I am currently working on. I can’t pull off the 10 second descent yet. Once the knee goes below parallel I am definitely weak, but slowly getting stronger. Thanks for sharing!
Sean, one of the things I found when doing the 10 second descent was that my weight placement mattered a lot.
I was putting all of my weight behind me, by reaching back with my hips all the way down.
One day, by chance, I balanced my weight in my quads, especially as I went below parallel, which gave me a ton more strength and control in the second part of the descent.
I would reach back initially with my hips to begin but as I reached parallel, I would allow my knee to move a little more forward. I immediately felt my quad engage and my strength increased a lot!
Hey @Michael Stanwyckl, thanks for that tip, I will give it a try. Good luck to you too @Sean Schade keep working, eventually we will get there.
I have been working on the im for almost 11 months now, and it is slooooooowly getting better.
Good luck
Here is and update, how does it look? @Alessandro Mainente
PEhttps://youtu.be/WdB4k0xu_Ls
imhttps://youtu.be/6zD4rDrKka0
Thanks
Hi Johan, nice work here, the one leg squat is very clean.