This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Frustration with the Planche

Started by Scott Butler, February 7, 2018 · 1 Replies · 163 Views

Scott Butler

Looking for any tips that can help.  I am progressing pretty well with the other aspects of the program and love it tremendously.  But when it comes to trying to hold the Bent arm half straddle planche with double-leg ext.  I cannot hold this position at all.  I am assuming it is weak front shoulders, but whatever it is, I simply cannot get it.  Is there any kind of assistance work that I can practice to help me get this move?  I am trying to be patient and practice this but just cannot progress.  Or is there simply a progression I should go back to and hammer down on that will help me achieve this?  I'll do whatever I need to do, but could really use some advice?

Thanks for any help, Scott

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Scott, there are many topics regarding this problem which affect more than one student, at this point, it is crucial the amount of lean you had on the PPP .

Also i suggest to begin with a simple bent arm tuck planche hold and then slowly increase the difficulty.