This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weight guidance

Started by Ross Boucher, February 7, 2018 · 2 Replies · 167 Views

Ross Boucher

For the seated Russian twist (and one or two other exercises I’ve come across) you are told to use a weight but not given guidance on what weight to use. 

 

For that specific movement, I can easily perform the reps with a 5lb weight, and a 20lb is too much. Should I be continuing on with 5lbs or waiting until 20 is easy? It would be great to have this guidance directly on the app, but I also didn’t find much searching the forum. Thanks!

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi Ross,

Master the twists with a 5lbs!

Mikey Cunanan

Hey @Ross Boucher for most exercises, especially progressions that involve the shoulders, 5lbs will suffice for mastery.

As you continue through the courses, you will keep them into your warm ups, adding weight gradually.

At this stage, it’s more important to understand the mechanics. You can worry about what weight to use later.