This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Exceptions to the "Twice a week" rule

Started by Brian Grose, February 6, 2018 · 1 Replies · 143 Views

Brian Grose

Dzien dobry from Poland!

I have a question regarding the volume of certain movements. I know Coach Sommer said doing stretching twice a week will get you half the mobility gains but are there slight exceptions to the rule, in particular, drills like Jefferson Curls, hanging from a bar to stretch the pec minors, the front-rack wrist stretch, or a fixed-elbow lat stretch? These movements aren't included in the beginner's stretch series but I find a great deal of benefit in doing them after a workout when I go to my local globo gym. Should the 1x per week volume apply to these "extracurricular" stretches as well? Also, would it be okay to just practice the elevated bridges and twisting bear, for example, on off days if i'm feeling more stiff those days? 

I'm loving the training and already feel benefits!

Thank you in advance 

 

Fixed elbow lat stretch.jpg

Pauline Taube

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reaching out and great questions!

You may do some daily stretches. Coach Sommer is talking about the Stretch series specifically. These series are very intense and should therefore be done once a week only. You may however add other stretches or specific exercises from the Stretch series that you are having trouble with over the week. Just make sure to reduce the intensity and listen to your body :) 

Feel free to share photos/videos of your training! We’d love to see your progress :D