This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

J-Curl Frequency?

Started by Marcus Rydén, February 3, 2018 · 2 Replies · 148 Views

Marcus Rydén

I like to do a little extra mobility before each workout. I heard Coach Sommer say when talking to Tim Ferriss that they do them "like breathing". I like them and want to get better at them, so how often can I safely do them? Every day? How should the progressions look?

Pauline Taube

Hi Marcus,

As usual, the answer is it depends.

What’s your goal, current level of fitness etc.. are you looking to improve technique or increase strength?

It’s ok to include them unweighted daily to practice the movement. Are you looking to increasing weights it should be treated as a strength elements but you will have to be more aware of form an gradually adapt to higher load. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Marcus, not yet. If done daily I suggest using the 50% of the current weight of your workout.