This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scaling Supine Trap Stretch

Started by Ima Staihid, February 3, 2018 · 1 Replies · 49 Views

Ima Staihid

I cannot rotate enough to get into the Supine Trap Stretch.  I can’t even get my legs over onto a stool or chair like the explanation video shows.  Part of my problem is I have a bit of a gut (which I’m working on).  I’ve also tried holding my hips with my hands, but that quickly becomes a strength/endurance struggle and not much on the stretch.

Any alternate exercises I could do to work up to Supine Trap Stretch?  I’ve searched the forums - I’ve seen some people recommend doing these against a wall, but I think my weight problem keeps me from ever getting center of gravity to a point where I’m stretching.  I can’t keep my legs up against the wall for more than just a few seconds.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Ima, can I ask you to post your attempt? this can be useful for me to analyze your limitations.