This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS/PE1 Form Check

Started by Jeremy Aldridge, February 2, 2018 · 5 Replies · 78 Views

Jeremy Aldridge

Hey everyone,

 I was wondering if this is okay to move on from 5 x 5. Also, if there are any pointers that anyone may have to help engage the correct muscles involved. Thanks!

 

Mark Schoenhard

Looks to me that you are strong and mobile enough to move your feet down one rung on the stall bars. This will allow you to get more scapula protraction in the plank position and more shoulder elevation and flexion in the pike position. Nice work.

Jeremy Aldridge

Thanks Mark,

I didn't even think about moving my feet down at all, that is a great ideal. I will implement that in my next training session and see how it goes. Do you think I should progress my week also, or just try moving feet down first?

 

Mark Schoenhard

Anytime I make adjustments, even if it does not make a movement much more difficult, I will spend a few extra weeks to build new strength and range of motion.

Jeremy Aldridge

Mark,

I moved down a rung today and really felt a much better activation in my mid traps. Felt really good, actually felt like I was pulling shoulders open instead of pushing them open. Thanks again for the suggestion. 

Pauline Taube

Nice work, Jeremy!

keep sharing your training with us :)