This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE3 formcheck

Started by Petra Kmecová, January 31, 2018 · 17 Replies · 249 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hi people, 

just started on PE3. Please, how is it looking?

I struggle a bit to get into PE ... have to focus and rebalance a bit, but it gets better every time ...

Thanks a lot ;-)

Petra Kmecová

Please ... anyone :-)

Jennifer Marie

Hi Petra, I'm no coach in gymnastics, but here's what I see.

You start out one the PE with your hips not fully open, but you do slowly open them as you get comfortable in the position. I'm not positive, but I think you might need more PPT, and that can help feel more balances and let you open the hips more.

On the iM, as a lifter, I prefer to see the hands over the shoulders more as you lean forward (so arms behind the ears, if you can). It'll open up the shoulders and chest. Just be careful not to arch the chest to do so -- you're not arching now, your torso looks strong and locked in, but it's tempting to do to deepen this stretch.

For just starting, you look strong and stable in both videos. I only look this good starting a new PE in my head!

Take me with a grain of salt, and tag a coach you like to get good feedback. :) They don't seem to mind being tagged. There's a lot going on in this forum, so it's easy to miss a thread.

Petra Kmecová

Thx @Jennifer Marie. 

There’s so much going on while I get to comfortable position in PE ... :-). Lots of squeezing, rebalancing, focusing ... and for now I’m not confident to do it off the wall like I was with PE2. But I’ll work on that. 

And as for iM, I’m so confused because I see two versions of this exercise on the forum here. The difference being in the armpits area. Some people begin to rotate their armpits like they are starting the dislocate and thus taking their hand further behind the body. Some are going only to straight line. 

Here is the picture:

2E83339E-D6F7-4075-ADBB-7D67632BE73A.thumb.jpeg.b7f1752a789e166beae125a26582d892.jpeg

On my PE 1 formcheck I was doing the second version, because I think it looks more like a handstand line (and that is the point, right ;-)). One coach said mobility was Ok, and then someone started discussion if it was enough ... and another coach suggested to open it more ...

Lately I saw some another videos of people doing second version and formchecked ok ... so I’m nothing but confused :-(. 

To sum it up: 

coaches please ... :-) ... what is the right executio of iM1 and 3? 

Thx

 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi Petra,

I know your struggle, I passed there too!  The iM should be shoulder width, with a straight line from hands to hips.  So, you shouldn't be able to dislocate.  That's from Alessandro's requirements :)

Petra Kmecová
3 minutes ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

Hi Petra,

I know your struggle, I passed there too!  The iM should be shoulder width, with a straight line from hands to hips.  So, you shouldn't be able to dislocate.  That's from Alessandro's requirements :)

Like in the second picture?

Étienne Lajeunesse

Like your form in the second picture yes.  But I would say to open just a bit more your shoulders.  However wait for a coach answer for that!

Petra Kmecová
6 minutes ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

Like your form in the second picture yes.  But I would say to open just a bit more your shoulders.  However wait for a coach answer for that!

Yeah ... flexion itself needs some work! But it’s good to know how it’s supposed to look like int he end ;-).

thanks @Étienne Lajeunesse.

Still would like to hear @Alessandro Mainente Or @Jeffrey Bittner opinion ... thank in advance 

Jennifer Marie

Yes, this is what i was thinking but didn't get into words right. Deepen the stretch, pulling the arms back a bit further (as you progress with the iM, of course, because it's not expected to be perfect from first attempt).

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Petra,

@Étienne Lajeunesse is spot on. Your form in the second picture is better. Like he said, work on opening your shoulders more. Your goal is a minimum of 180 degrees. You're super close! As you do this exercise, avoid ducking your chin to your chest. Try to keep your head neutral.

Petra Kmecová

Thanks very much @Jeffrey Bittner.

Any glaring issues on PE exercise? I’m aware of obvious things ... like smoothing out the entrance, stronger ppt ... work in progress .... but is there anything my beginner eye doesn’t see? 

Thanks and have a nice day ;-).

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hey Petra,

@Étienne Lajeunesse is spot on. Your form in the second picture is better. Like he said, work on opening your shoulders more. Your goal is a minimum of 180 degrees. You're super close! As you do this exercise, avoid ducking your chin to your chest. Try to keep your head neutral.

I quote this.

Cofusing shoulder flexion with partial shoulder dislocation is the most common issue.

second picture.

Petra Kmecová

hey folks, 

I’ve just realized, that I did not get any feedback on PE (only on iM). So how is my forearm headstand looking? Today I did 4*60s with this form and if I did not hate the exercise, I would definitely go for 5*60s ... :-D. 

Here is the video: 

Thanks

Petra Kmecová

Please, @Jeffrey Bittner. How is my forearm headstand looking?

thx

Petra Kmecová

Greetings,

can you please formcheck me on this exercise and iM ... 

This is my third workout on 5*60s volume. Video shows last set. How is it looking with my flexion?

Thx a lot

Petra Kmecová

Pls... 

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome job, Petra! Scoot your hands a little bit closer together on your iM. Other than that, it looks good. Nice work!

Petra Kmecová

Thank you @Jeffrey Bittner. Opening those damn shoulder is work in progress... But it's coming closer :-).