This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE18 Form Check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, January 28, 2018 · 8 Replies · 129 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello Guys!

I've been working on this RC PE.

Here's a video:

How do you find my overall form? Is there something to fix?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Alessandro

 

Jin Liu

looking perfect to meeee!

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Alessandro Di Sanzo,

Looks solid to me. Keep up the good work. I regressed back quite a bit and hoping to get back at these. They look badass. :)

Alessandro Mainente

Well, from my pov...you should already have the front lever ;-)

Jin Liu

@Alessandro Di Sanzo i’d really appreciate if you could share some tips for succeeding at this one. It’s a huge step up from the previous PE, and I’m terrible at it. I think maybe working on the negative could be helpful? I’d like to know how you made it look so perfect! :) 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
11 hours ago, Jin Liu said:

@Alessandro Di Sanzo i’d really appreciate if you could share some tips for succeeding at this one. It’s a huge step up from the previous PE, and I’m terrible at it. I think maybe working on the negative could be helpful? I’d like to know how you made it look so perfect! :) 

I don't remember exactly when I started to work on this progression... Definitely it was before last summer, so I spent a bit more than a few weeks!
I can say that in the beginning I used ti perform this element on the single bar instead of rings, mainly because I wanted to build some confidence with the movement: I was a bit scaried to get upside down on a unstable support like Rings. Also I saw that on the single bar I could use a bit of momentum as I fell down, which probably makes the exercise easier...
Little by Little I added 1 Rep, 2 Rep etc. And I moved on Rings support.
Moreover, In the mean time I was working on FL/PE15. Maybe, not sure, this kind of pratice helped me to learn keeping body line straight , without excessive piking.
This is my experience, I don't know If Can help you too.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well, from my pov...you should already have the front lever ;-)

Really??? That would be a dream come true! :lol: I've never given It a try so far!I Will definitely  do that... as I feel mentally ready for that! :D

 

 

Jin Liu
3 hours ago, Alessandro Di Sanzo said:

I don't remember exactly when I started to work on this progression... Definitely it was before last summer, so I spent a bit more than a few weeks!
I can say that in the beginning I used ti perform this element on the single bar instead of rings, mainly because I wanted to build some confidence with the movement: I was a bit scaried to get upside down on a unstable support like Rings. Also I saw that on the single bar I could use a bit of momentum as I fell down, which probably makes the exercise easier...
Little by Little I added 1 Rep, 2 Rep etc. And I moved on Rings support.
Moreover, In the mean time I was working on FL/PE15. Maybe, not sure, this kind of pratice helped me to learn keeping body line straight , without excessive piking.
This is my experience, I don't know If Can help you too.

Awesome! I believe mastering certain PE's in the FL series is a must for this one. I'm at only FL PE11 now, and I think FL PE13-15 are excellent progressions towards RC PE18. Some really strong people can probably still do RC PE18 without going through FL. But it won't be as pretty as yours!

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Alessandro Di Sanzo said:

Really??? That would be a dream come true! :lol: I've never given It a try so far!I Will definitely  do that... as I feel mentally ready for that! :D

 

 

it is because the movement it is very slow. I remember when I mastered this one long time ago I wasn't able to do the movement as slow as you BUT I was closer to full front lever. of your, you have body proportions useful for front lever.