This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What macro percentages?

Started by Christopher Hancox, January 27, 2018 · 7 Replies · 99 Views

Christopher Hancox

Hi,

When using thrive, roughly what do the macro profile percentages equate to?

 I've just used my Fitness Pal to see where my micro nutrient profile deficits are, and found the macro profiles interesting as I've never really paid attention to them whilst doing thrive.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Thrive doesn t give any percentages but I ll tell you my aproximate macros:

I m 80 kg.

Protein: 120-160 gr a day (1.5-2 gr per kilogram)

Carbs: 240-320 gr a day (3-4 gr per kilogram)

Fat: 80 gr a day (1 gr per kilogram)

 

Christopher Hancox

Wow. Thanks Antonio.

I  am 3 weeks off completing thrive at the moment so haven't got through much of the portion sizes yet.

I'm currently at 66kg, eating

141g protein

148g carbs

113g fat.

I will have to wait and see how thrive changes that in the next few weeks!

Antonio Alías Montoya
50 minutes ago, Christopher Hancox said:

Wow. Thanks Antonio.

I  am 3 weeks off completing thrive at the moment so haven't got through much of the portion sizes yet.

I'm currently at 66kg, eating

141g protein

148g carbs

113g fat.

I will have to wait and see how thrive changes that in the next few weeks!

I must say I m not sticking 100 % to Thrive philosophy. Apart from that a high carb load is giving to me the best results in GST.

Jennifer Marie

If Thrive doesn't get into macros, does it get into portion sizes instead? I've finished part one, and I'm still waiting for something that points to balance of some sort. 

For example, when counting macros, if I wanted a ribeye for dinner, I made sure lunch was a leaner meat. However, so far in Thrive I could eat a Ribeye every meal as long as I eat my veggies and starches with it. 

(A part of me doesn't want to ask this question because a Ribeye for every meal sounds fabulous!)

Antonio Alías Montoya
25 minutes ago, Jennifer Marie said:

If Thrive doesn't get into macros, does it get into portion sizes instead? I've finished part one, and I'm still waiting for something that points to balance of some sort. 

For example, when counting macros, if I wanted a ribeye for dinner, I made sure lunch was a leaner meat. However, so far in Thrive I could eat a Ribeye every meal as long as I eat my veggies and starches with it. 

(A part of me doesn't want to ask this question because a Ribeye for every meal sounds fabulous!)

Yes, portions come in part 2, don t worry. Apart from the step info I recommend you reading every post of the particular step you are. More information is covered there.

Christopher Hancox
34 minutes ago, Jennifer Marie said:

If Thrive doesn't get into macros, does it get into portion sizes instead? I've finished part one, and I'm still waiting for something that points to balance of some sort. 

For example, when counting macros, if I wanted a ribeye for dinner, I made sure lunch was a leaner meat. However, so far in Thrive I could eat a Ribeye every meal as long as I eat my veggies and starches with it. 

(A part of me doesn't want to ask this question because a Ribeye for every meal sounds fabulous!)

Portion sizing is in part two I think. I've got 6 lessons left and the veggie portions were in the latest two. 

Your right with the ribeye thing though (much as I'd like to eat that at every meal). That's the thought that initially sparked my question.

I'm at 50%fat 25%carbs 25%protein at the moment. Feels about right, so just waiting for Thrive to confirm it.

Jennifer Marie

Thanks for confirming! I skipped Saturday, so I have to reset my six days this week to get into part two. Looking forward to it!