This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Strength there, but not mobility

Started by Dave Gerathy, January 26, 2018 · 2 Replies · 141 Views

Dave Gerathy

I'm finally getting serious about this training and have a question I haven't been able to find answered elsewhere (although it probably has been).  How do you handle the situation where you can perform the excercise to proficiency but not the associated mobility?

For instance, I can easily do FL/PE2  as required, but FL/PE2>iM has a bit of a ways to go (tight chest and shoulders).  Do I advance to FL/PE3 but continue with FL/PE2>iM or do I stay on the mastered exercise until I complete the associated mobility requirement?  This is a general question for all exercise and mobility, not limited to just this pair.  

Thanks in advance!

Mikey Cunanan

Great question Dave!

When this happens, the correct thing to do is to click “failed mobility” when you log your workout. 

This will move you up a step (if applicable) but it won’t allow you to move to the next progression until you achieve mastery standard for mobility.

This will allow your mobility to catch up with your strength so they don’t improve disproportionately.

 

 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hey Dave,

To help you improve in your mobility, you can add the harder iMs in your daily mobility and warm-up.  It's just a plus to get it faster!