This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Knee pain

Started by Nyssa McCarthy, January 26, 2018 · 3 Replies · 92 Views

Nyssa McCarthy

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing intense knee pain right inside my right knee when I perform the Front Split stretch series - particularly the two exercises where the bottom half of the right leg is up against the wall, bent at the knee. It's enough to make me pull out of the stretch - even when I modify it to make the stretch less intense. Any recommendations? I was thinking it might be a good idea to visit a physio?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Nyssia, before looking for a physio you can wait 4-6 days and see if the pain is gone.

So you feel pain in the bent leg?

Jin Liu

Any history with the right knee? Floor too hard? If you make the support/contact point the quads and take load off the knee, but still let it stay bent and against the wall, does it still hurt? Does it hurt if you are just kneeling on the floor? I'm no doc, just curious. I had trouble with my knees during those exercises at the beginning. It turned out it was just the hard floor...

Étienne Lajeunesse

As simple as it can be, tight quads could also be a cause.  In this case, stretching and foam rolling the quads can relieve the pain.  Just an idea!