This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE6 form feedback

Started by George Traganidas 235308, January 26, 2018 · 14 Replies · 152 Views

George Traganidas 235308

Can you please provide me with feedback on my form?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19Kdz9xEbP2hNqZHxRDU8wUh19KRY4q1R

I find it very hard to get off the ground at the mobility movement. I have to push up with my hands a bit and then I can complete the move. I still feel the outside of my feet working a lot and by the end of the 5th set, they are on fire. Any pointers on how to get off the ground with no arms?

Regards,

George

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey George,

It looks like hip, knee, and ankle mobility are getting in the way on both of these exercises. For your PE, I recommend hanging onto a bar or side of a smith machine, similar to earlier SLS progressions, to help you balance. Then you will be able to focus on improving mobility rather than worrying you might fall. Once your mobility has improved, balancing will be much easier.

On your iM, I suggest starting from an elevated surface. As you become more comfortable with your twisting squats, gradually lower the surface you are sitting on until you are able to start from the ground.

Are you currently working through either of the Split courses?

George Traganidas 235308

My mobility is terrible and surely is my weakest link. I am working through the all three videos of the stretch series for the past 14 months and I have seen some progress, but I am still at the start of the journey.

For my PE, I will hang onto a bar and do it. Do you recommend that I sit lower, or have my torso move upwards? What should I focus on first?

For me IM, I will try an elevated surface to start with.

Thanks,

George

Leo Trinidad

Hi George,

Keep working on the stretch series. My tip is that as you go down, try to turn out your hip even more so you can go lower and also you can try a bit of a wider stance. Yes try elevating for the iM.

George Traganidas 235308

@Leo Trinidad

I do not understand what you mean by "turn out your hip". I thought that the hips have to be square to the front at all times. Am I missing something?

I will take another video and post again.

Thanks,

George

Leo Trinidad

Hi @George Traganidas 235308,

As you bend down your working leg, turning out your hip/widening the hip/turning the knee outwards will help you go down further. You can see this when you check out MSSSE1 of middle split. (knee/hip turned out) I hope this helps.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks. I will try this next time.

Alessandro Mainente

HI george, consider the idea of holding a KB with the arms rather than grab a fixed bar.

George Traganidas 235308

@Alessandro Mainente thanks for the suggestion. Would you hold the KB close to your body or with the arms extended in front as a counter balance?

George

Alessandro Mainente

it depends on how much aid you need. closer to the body means less help.

George Traganidas 235308

@Alessandro Mainente does the latest video look better?

Alessandro Mainente

Try to hold the feet in place, the movement should be a smooth repetition.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks. I will try again and record a video.