This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rep Count

Started by Lorenzo Bohl, January 25, 2018 · 5 Replies · 89 Views

Lorenzo Bohl

I feel so silly for posing this, but for WP/FK/FTPE what exactly constitutes a rep? The demo videos aren't entirely clear...

Is 1 rep from starting position and then back up on one arm then repeated on the other side for 1 rep on the other side? I'm a little confused 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi Lorenzo, 

If your talking about the PEs, do both hands for 1 rep. So, it will be 10 reps in total (5 of each hand)!

Lorenzo Bohl

For WP PE's do you simply alternate? I.e. right wrist down then back up, left wrist down then back up equals 1 rep? Or is it different...I feel like I'm being picky here, but I just want to make sure I'm doing things right!

Étienne Lajeunesse
Just now, Lorenzo Bohl said:

For WP PE's do you simply alternate? I.e. right wrist down then back up, left wrist down then back up equals 1 rep? Or is it different...I feel like I'm being picky here, but I just want to make sure I'm doing things right!

That's fine, I'm glad to help you!

One rep is : down - down - up - up.  So, both hands have to be down before getting back up to count it 1. 

Lorenzo Bohl

Thank you that helps a lot! Does it matter which side I start with?

Étienne Lajeunesse
8 minutes ago, Lorenzo Bohl said:

Thank you that helps a lot! Does it matter which side I start with?

Nope! As long as you do both sides :)