Rings Wiggle Too Much!?!?

Started by jamesters, April 1, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,700 Views

jamesters

I started doing ring training at a different gym than I used to. When doing iron cross on these rings, it feels different from the other rings I used to do them on (the other gym had 3 pairs of rings and they all felt fine). These rings seem as if they wiggle when I start lowering into iron cross, and because of that my muscles don't feel as though they're working properly. I don't know why it'd feel like this and if my muscles might adapt to it in time, or if these rings are just set up weird causing unpredictable instability that my muscles won't be able to adapt to very well.

Front levers and back levers feel fine, just iron cross is a problem. Is there a reason rings would feel weird like this? Is it worth still training on these rings?

Sternford

Are the rings set higher than at the old gym?

braindx

Longer straps = harder

jamesters

Yes they are... will my body adapt, is it still worth training it?

Blairbob

Yes, and yes. 8)

braindx
jamesters said:
Yes they are... will my body adapt, is it still worth training it?

It's MUCH better to do everything on long straps. You will get stronger faster.

The stabilization is a huge factor in developing the neural aspect of strength.. and the more you have to do with your upper body the better it is even if it sets you back some progressions