This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Russian dips

Started by Jin Liu, January 24, 2018 · 9 Replies · 136 Views

Jin Liu

So excited that I got it today! I know there’s still lots of room for improvement. I had given up on these for a while, thinking that the standard dip bars are too wide for my shoulders (26inch hand distance on the bars vs 15inch shoulder span). I always blamed this for having shoulders sink between my hands while getting out of the dip, and not being able to push myself up. But, it turns out it’s all excuses. I still think the wider the bars relative to your shoulders, the harder it is. But you just gotta put your mind to it, trust yourself and trust the process.

I realize my shoulders still need to be a bit higher when I move forward to get out of the dip. Any tip for that? Other than that, Any feedback is welcome! :) 

 

Alessandro Mainente

This girl 

is

strong! nice work

Alessandro Di Sanzo

I completely agree with Alessandro! To me @Jin Liu you are the best! 

Mark Chin

Badass!

Jin Liu
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

This girl 

is

strong! nice work

OMG! This means so much!! Thank you coach!!!!! :) Thank you @Alessandro Di Sanzo and @Mark Chin !!!!!!!

Jin Liu
4 hours ago, Alessandro Di Sanzo said:

I completely agree with Alessandro! To me @Jin Liu you are the best! 

I think the same about you too! :D 

Leo Trinidad

Good job. Keep tension in your leg so that the next progression will be easier.

Mark Chin

your personal gym setup is drool-worthy, I might add. 

Jin Liu
2 hours ago, Mark Chin said:

your personal gym setup is drool-worthy, I might add. 

Haha, thanks!! Just gotta bundle up in the winter. First year having it, still adjusting to working out in the winter weather now. Current minimum tolerable temperature for squat is 19F or -9C, but definitely above freezing for gymnastic workout. Still exploring, haha.

Mark Chin

I'd rather yours in the cold than a big box gym any day!